Please read the following statements carefully since access to thirdmonk.net indicates you’ve agreed that the Terms are in effect.
Our editors typically include images as part of their blog posts and the images that they are authorized to use is the following:
– Images that are licensed from vendors
– Images that are supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press or other purposes
– Images that are supplied by readers, with the implied representation that the person submitting the image owns the copyright in the image and the right to give it to us for use on our site
– Images that are published on Photobucket or other public photos sites with licenses granted under Creative Commons, with attribution in accordance with the CC license granted in each case
Images that we believe to be covered by the Fair Use Doctrine, such as:
– Thumbnail images of 150 x 150 pixels or less, cropped or reduced in size from the original source
– Images that are used to illustrate a newsworthy story, where the image itself tells a story
– Images used in a transformative manner, such as parody
– Images that are widely distributed that they have become part of the news
If Third Monk receives any notice that an image is posted up inappropriately such as not keeping with the terms listed above, we reserve the right to remove that image.
If you think we have published an image or text that violates your copyright, we will address your concerns; however, if the image falls into one of the listed categories above and we believe that our use of the image is legitimate, we will not remove it from the site.
To make our comments more interesting and more informative, the list below is a guideline that all users should use to post/view any comments:
– If a comment is made using your identity it will be deemed to have been posted by you
– Abusive, obscene, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, or offensive material are prohibited to post on our site
– Do not intentionally make, false or misleading statements
– Do not post any material that will violate copyright
– Do not post any confidential or sensitive information that may in breach with the law
– Keep all comments relevant and “on topic” to the particular site posting open for comments
External Link Disclaimer
Third Monk constantly contain links to external and to third party websites. Third Monk does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to Third Monk in question.
Third Monk does not operate or control and does not have any responsibility for any information, products and/or services found on external websites. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement of Implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular Purpose.
People who visit Third Monk are assumed to take their own responsibility and risk in using any external sites. Visitors should report any concerns or dissatisfaction regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster.
The maximum number of entries per person allowed during the contest period is as the contest has specified. Any attempt by a person to submit more than the stated maximum number of entries will be disqualified from participation in this contest. Third Monk is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these official contest rules.
In consideration for your participation in the contest, the individual, group, organization, business, spectator, or other, does hereby release and forever discharge Third Monk, and its officers, board and employees, jointly and severally from any and all actions, cause of actions, claim and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury including death, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in the contest.
This release extends and applies to, and also covers and includes, all unknown, unforeseen, unanticipated and unsuspected injuries, damages, loss and liability and the consequences thereof including death, as well as those now disclosed and know to exist. The provision of any state, federal, local or territorial law or state providing substance that releases shall not extend to claims, demands, injuries, or damages which are know or unsuspected to exist at this time, to the person executing such release, are hereby expressly waived.
It is further understood and agreed that said participation in the contest not to be construed as an admission of any liability and acceptance of assumption of responsibility by Third Monk, its officers, board and employees, jointly and severally, for all damages and expenses for which Third Monk, its officers, board and employees, become liable as a result of any alleged act of the parade participant.
The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
Third Monk reserves the right to offer alternative prize if any prize is not available or under special situation.
Notification of Changes
If you have any questions, concerns or notices of violations to these terms and conditions, please contact the editor of Third Monk or send an email to info -[at]- thirdmonk.net.